Andro asked in Business & FinanceCredit · 10 months ago

Should I pay $25 No Show bill?

I recently missed a dermatology appointment not too long ago. It was by complete accident. I have never no showed before, I've always at least called to cancel. I called them and left an voicemail apologizing for the mistake and explained why. I just got really caught up with school, work, and my own personal problems I truly forgot. $25 may not seem like a lot to most, but right now I've fallen on tough times financially, plus the holidays. Hate to admit it, but it is kind of a chunk for me.

Ironically, the most thumbs down comments were actually good advice and actually worked.

I'm thinking that you must have the money to pay it, since if you showed up, you would have had to pay the bill.  Perhaps $25 is a lot to you, but consider that good, as you will be paying for an education, and will hopefully do things to avoid repeating the mistake.  When I forgot to pay my property tax, there was a hefty penalty.  I paid it, but now, I set an event in Google Calendar to email me a few days before it's due.

It's not uncommon for a student to be strapped for money.  People will understand if you give simple gifts, or handmade ones, like cookies.  They will also understand if you bow out of events because of cost.

You keep referring to YOUR CIRCUMSTANCES what the hell does that have to do with you stiffing a profession who set aside that time for YOU? 

"plus the holidays. "

Your obligations come before your presents to others or yourself.

Call VERY HUMBLY and ask to speak with billing and tell them your situation and they will forgive it.  That is HUMBLY not entitled!

• Bort

There are a lot of people in your situation, you're not alone. And these ridiculous charges like a charge for missing a doctors appointment are greedy, asinine, ridiculous charges. The kind of charges many people in similar situations ignore.

$25 for what? They didn't provide any service and they probably moved forward with other patients within 10 minutes so it's not like you severely disrupted their day.

• B

call them and ask them to give you a pass since it is your first offense, be real nice and maybe they will let you off

Hope you have another dermatologist ready when the unpaid one dumps you.

Yes      ......

I really hate to be the bearer of bad news but your dermatologist set aside a certain amount of time for you. Stop and think a moment. If you ran a business and scheduled people for a particular time and they didn't show would you be profitable? After all, it's a business as well as a doctor's office.

• Judy

yes, sorry but you owe it

Pay it, you didn't show up and it set their office back enough to inconvenience them.

Call them, say you have been a reliable client and ask that this be forgiven.  Personally, it pisses me off because nearly all the time I got to the doctor's office, I sit there long past my appointment waiting.  Maybe I should bill them?