Why do websites show me pictures of things I just bought? I know it's targeted advertising, but why if I just bought it anyway?

The algorithms aren't that smart. Due to modern privacy laws, its questionable if they even have access to the data they'd need to take this fact into consideration.

This is where you ignore the advertising.

Because they don't know that you already bought it. They only know that you were looking at it.

• Mike

If you bought an item once, their computers show you more of the same product so you will buy more of them. I bought a log splitter from Amazon and, for months afterward, got ads for log splitters. A human reviewing my purchase might have realized people don't buy more than one.

Everything is seen and tracked. Plus all those is to make.more.money filling their own pockets. They will read what you do on internet you are in open space. Nothing is private on internet. Not even half ate appl or any network or company. Just opinion.