Is it possible for a 18 teen year old boy to be an uncle to a 35 year old man?

6 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    2 months ago
    Favorite Answer

Only if the circumstances are exactly right - and it would likely need to involve different mothers but a shared father - so half brothers and not full siblings.

Father – age 18 – has first son

same father – age 53 – has a second son (different, younger wife)

This places a 35 year age gap between two brothers. (half brothers – but still brothers meaning they would become uncles to each others children)

The older brother has a child when he is 18 – the younger brother isn't even born yet.

When the younger brother is born, the child of the first brother is already 17. At birth, the second brother would already be the uncle to the adult child of his older brother.

When the younger brother turns 18, the child of his older brother would be 35.  This makes an 18 year old the uncle to a 35 year old.

When the younger brother turns 18 - the father would be 71 and the older brother would be 53.

Now - is this likely to happen - probably not.  Most people don't have their first child that young.  Most people don't have another child when they are that old.  But - it is not impossible.

EDIT:  @ Lon - I did state that half siblings were the most likely way it could happen.  For a woman to parent both adult children she would need to have her first child at around 15 or 16 and her last child at around 48 to 50.  Though also not impossible - it is even less likely than what I listed.  Full siblings could happen if the father was the same.  The siblings would still be brothers and the younger brother would still be the uncle of an older, adult nephew.  The person asking this did NOT say "full siblings".  You could also consider the possibility that one of the two siblings is a girl who has an early teen pregnancy resulting in a nephew that would be older than usual when considering normal family time lines.  Point is - a child can be the uncle of an adult.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

Yeah it is ,I'm still try to figure out how I'm 30 but my mom is 31

• edward
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Unlikely but it is possible

• ...Show all comments
    • edward
      Lv 7
      2 months agoReport

There is a wide gap between you and your sibling.  It is possible to have children in your 40’s so if someone has a kid many many years later it is possible.  Like i said...unlikely but it is possible

• Mark
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Yes,

this would be the sibling of a child's

parent & while not at all common uncle

+ aunt could be younger than said child!

• Lôn
      Lv 7
      2 months agoReport

Not an 18 year old and a 35 year old though!!

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 2 months ago

Yes, it's possible but unlikely.

• Lôn
      Lv 7
      2 months agoReport

How??

• Lôn
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

You are A, your brother is B.

No, it is not possible. Your brother's son couldn't be 35 if you were only 18.

Your brother B would have to be over 50 to have a 35 year old son.

How old would your parents be?

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.