Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 2 weeks ago

Are Jehovah's Witnesses Christian?

80 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    2 weeks ago

What makes Jehovah's Witnesses the only Christians. Why don't they include Catholics, Methodists, Baptists or any other sect as Christian

• susan
    Lv 7
    2 weeks ago

I vote yes, because they self identify as Christians. As to whether they will live eternally in heaven, I leave that up to God. 

• susan
      Lv 7
      2 weeks agoReport

I hear you, Chi Girl, but we aren't using the word "Christian" in the same way. What I mean is that JW are among the approximately 1/3 of the Earth's population that considers themselves Christian, as opposed to Muslim, Buddhist, or something else. 

• 2 weeks ago

Yes they are followers of Christ

Matthew28:19-20

Jehovah’s witnesses followed this command

• Chi girl
      Lv 7
      2 weeks agoReport

Christian worship Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. JW's are modern Arian heretics.

• 2 weeks ago

Errr - hmmm.  No.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 2 weeks ago

Yes!

We try to follow closely the teachings and behavior of Jesus Christ.—1 Peter 2:21. 

• 2 weeks ago

No, they deny Christ, and more importantly they deny and refuse the rule of Christ from Heaven by the Spirit, which makes them of the spirit of antichrist according to the Bible.

And looking at their responses they are also extremely deceitful and dishonest, in order to promote their cult.

• 👀 🚶
      Lv 5
      2 weeks agoReport

He has a relationship with God and has the closest relationship with him than any other being. But he is not God as you claim Daylily.

• 2 weeks ago

Check out JW.org for the answer

Source(s): JW.org
    • jay2 weeks agoReport

Knock on the door to help!

• Yes, they follow in Jesus Christ's footsteps and do the will of God. They exercise faith in Jesus Christ as the Son of God and their savior who died for them. The bottom line though is, not whether everyone believes they are Christians as they most certainly have their enemies, but what God and Jesus Christ consider them and according to Scriptures they are Christians, 1 John 4:15, and the ones who say otherwise are then opposing God.

• Funnelweb
      Lv 7
      2 weeks agoReport

No J.W. could qualify as a doctor. When I was an intern and then a resident I was required to order and to perform blood transfusions. It was not a choice, and my intern year was completely compulsory for full registration as a doctor.

• 2 weeks ago

Yep, just one more extremist Christian sect.

• Chi girl
      Lv 7
      2 weeks agoReport

No. Christian worship Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. JW's are modern Arian heretics.

• 2 weeks ago

This Q gets asked many times in the course of a year. There is an index on Yahoo giving hundreds, if not thousands of answers to that since Yahoo's inception. Of course, we all know that Jehovah's Witnesses love to keep asking this Q because it gives them a chance to pile in with a self-promotional ad. 

My answer is that the Bible shows the criteria that must be met for anyone to become a Christian. Have a read of John 1:12-13 & 2 Corinthians 13:5 to learn who is a Christian. Denomination has got nothing to do with that. We find Christians from a huge range of denominations, but it's not their denomination that makes them a Christian - it's their heart-felt response to the Son of God. No-one can say' Jesus is Lord' except by the Holy Spirit - 1 Cor 12:3 - but JWs deny the Holy Spirit as the One who brings individuals to repentance and saving faith in Jesus. They claim it's up to them to get people to study their interpretation of the Bible and get baptized into the JW religion. They claim that if you were baptized into a different group, that baptism was invalid. See para. 16 in this Watchtower link: https://www.jw.org/en/library/magazines/watchtower...

They persuaded a lady in her late 70s to get re-baptized as a JW because they despise all other Christian groups as being of Satan - only they have "the truth", they arrogantly claim. That is what all pseudo-Christian groups claim. Well, there may be a few individual JWs who are Christians, but not because of their denomination - in spite of it. The Holy Spirit draws people to the risen Christ, not to any organization, but at their baptism, JWs had to publicly declare they were being identified with Jehovah's 'spirit-led organization'. They do not believe Matthew 28:19 even if they may speak those words at their baptisms - they deny that the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit form that ONE Name (singular) that identifies believers as Christians.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.