Is it possible for doctors I know to do home visits for free?

If I don’t want to go to a doctor at all because of having to pay for co-pays and not having insurance, will this be unethical to get a relative who is a doctor to give me a physical or an annual checkup at my house for free including giving me blood work and prescriptions? When do doctor’s do home visits?

7 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    8 months ago

Of course it's possible, but you gotta pay the price. If he discovers something looks like trouble he'll make recommendations for you to come in to the office. 

• Edna
    Lv 7
    8 months ago

A relative (not even if he is a doctor) can't give you a free physical or an annual check-up in your home. He doesn't have (and you certainly won't have), all the medical equipment he needs to do a physical or a check-up in your home. He certainly can't do any blood work - he doesn't carry a lab around with him. You would still have to pay the lab fee. He could write you a prescription if he thinks you need one, but that's ALL he will be able to do.  

Almost NO doctor (not even a relative) does home visits, not unless the patient is terminally ill.

• 8 months ago

they might do it in emergencies

• 8 months ago

Even if you could get the doctor to come to your home for free, prescriptions and blood work aren't free. Those services are provided by independent businesses

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • TedEx
    Lv 7
    8 months ago

First, doctors do not treat relatives except in an extreme emergency, and, second, doctors do not make house calls any longer

• 8 months ago

Apple phones being proprietary for replacement parts are awful. Also No he can not do this for you

• mokrie
    Lv 7
    8 months ago

The blood work costs well over 100 dollars because a special lab has to do it. That would still cost you even if the doctor didn't charge.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.