Anonymous
Anonymous asked in SportsBasketball · 10 months ago

If young 1980s Larry Bird played in today's game how do you think he'd do?

I think his basketball intelligence would destroy LeBrons athleticism, Bird could shoot threes, pass, steel, guard, do the best blocks, make the best fakes while shooting and passing, if it weren't for the fact that played hurt and in pain his whole career, he probably would of won eight championships or more

In todays Soft NBA....anybody who shoot trees will do..

Larry Legend at 6'9 deadshot would awesome along with his very high IQ..

Larry Legend wuld be the next Larry Legend..

Larry's anticipation and court awareness were very high.  However, LeBron's is also very high.  I consider them even in IQ. 

LeBron's athleticism and strength, however, allow him to take better advantage of his court IQ.

Larry was a better shooter and he was mentally tougher.  Remember those games when LeBron seemed to give up in various NBA Finals.  Still, I think LeBron is a very, very, very slightly better player.  Just a tad bit better.  Prime Larry would have been very good in our league today still.  I think of a slow guy like Jokic, who has skills, and see all the damage he can do.  He's not athletic either.  Larry Bird could certainly succeed if a guy like Jokic can off his skills.  

• STEVE

He'd do really well, especially with his shooting.

He's a playmaker like Lebron and can shoot like Kevin Durant, however he's slow AF and would be burned defensively by today's guards and small forwards.  Because of his height and rebounding ability, I see him transitioning over to PF/C, yet can run the offensive if he chooses to do so.  That's assuming he's not ejected for trash-talking

He would fit in perfectly with the Warriors and their motion offense.  Talk about a death lineup

Lebron would be saying "that was God disguised as Larry Bird"

• Bob

I think he would do very well in today's game, I also don't think that "his basketball intelligence would destroy LeBrons athleticism"(saying what you said implies that Lebron is not a smart player, but that he simply relies on his athleticism, and I don't agree with that) as you said it would,now Bird in his prime might dominate the Lebron James of today, but I think that Lebron is a couple of years past his prime,if both were in their prime, I don't think Bird would dominate.

Bird would probably outclass LeBron in any way possible.

"would of"? wth does that mean. lol