Can you catch an oral std without there being any semen involved? ?

I gave a drunk ******* to this guy with no protection but we had to leave the bathroom (it was at a party) so he didn’t even *** but 3 days later and my throat is still very sore. It didn’t hurt instantly after, but a day later my throat become really irritated and sore. It’s like a slight burning, I have no other symptoms? It’s currently really cold where I live though and I’m feeling very run down as a lot of people I spend time with are sick so it’s probably just that right? How would I now if it’s an std is there any particular symptoms? 

get checked immediately! the faster you know what it is, the faster it can be cured. I will not assume what you may have because it could be anything. Next time, don't do it with a random person unless you know them well enough to engage in any sexual activity.

Ummm you prob have yeast in your mouth... if you are scared go to the doctor... and stop hating sex with  Random‘s ... and protection is the key 

Yes is the short answer.  How come you weren't at the same parties as I was?

• Jerry

Infection can spread from person to person without there being any male climax. Pregnancy can happen without there being any male climax. Tiny amounts of fluid are constantly discharged from the penis, even when it's not excited. And there are living sperm cells in that fluid. If there is infection, the infection can be transmitted via that fluid. 

Skin to skin contact. Herpes. Yeah.

Yes.  You may contract herpes (which has no cure).  You may contract other ones, but they are treatable.  Herpes is not treatable, so I would not recomend giving oral sex until you are married and you know the guy doesn't have herpes.  I stress this, because they say 1 in 4 people have herpes, so it is not hard to come across.  My recomendation is, no matter what's popular, save yourself for your husband.  Your sexuality is your most precious gift, so why not save it for the man you plan to marry.

• Kieth

Any hole on hole contact can spread an STD. Semen has nothing to do with it.

Yes, you absolutely can catch an STD without semen involved. Anytime there is unprotected contact with either male or female genitals there is a risk of an STD.