Anonymous asked in HealthOptical · 8 months ago

Should I go to the hospital will I be admitted?

I've got a swelling my eyelid and I've got pus in the corner of my eye also seeing floaters in my vision

5 Answers

  • 8 months ago
    Favourite answer


    Just go to your regular doctor, all you'll probably need are eye drops or oral antibiotics.

  • Anonymous
    8 months ago

    That depends.  Will a walk in clinic be open within the next 24 hours in your location.  Do you feel like your eye is going to go blind if you don't get medical attention right now.  Is your pain level so high that you can't tolerate it.  Do you think the infection is so bad that it will kill you in the next 24 hours.  

    How long has it been this way.  If it has been a few days - why didn't you go sooner.  The longer it has been, the more likely that you probably should get it checked ASAP.

    However, if this just started within the last 24 hours or so, then this is NOT an ER situation unless there will be no other option for care within the next 24 hours.  The ER is for EMERGENCIES and what you describe does not sound like an actual emergency.  (unless you have ignored the symptoms for several days)Also - it is NOT LIKELY that you would be admitted.  They would examine the eye.  Determine a treatment.  Send  you home with medication and instructions to care for the eye and tell you to follow up with your regular doctor if you have any more issues.

  • 8 months ago

    You likely have a cut inside your eye that is infected, anytime someone has pus is a signal of infection.

    Should you? That's up to you. Will you be admitted? Yes, but keep in mind, due to it being a minor situation, you will be waiting several hours in emerge before a doctor checks on you. If its a cut like I think it is, you will be prescribed anti-infection meds, and then sent home, the cut should heal within a few days.

  • 8 months ago

    I think you should

  • What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Anonymous
    8 months ago

    Yes, go to the hospital. They will at least take a look at you if you go to the emergency room.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.