Should I end a friendship over this?

I have a friend that I've known for about a year. He came into town from college this week because of the holiday. He wanted to hang out on a specific day, but then he never texted me back. I waited a couple of days and he told me he was busy with school work. I was a bit upset because I'm sure he could've texted me saying he was busy beforehand. And lately he's been leaving my messages on read so I started to think he wasn't interested in our friendship, but he keeps reassuring me that isn't the case. When I was walking home, I was alone and a man came up to me and asked me where I lived and my age, what school I go to, and he said he'd follow me home, started talking about a gang, and wouldn't leave me alone and I got really scared. When he finally left I started to cry and I told my friend about this and he made a joke saying "maybe he's recruiting, haha" and kept saying "it's ok, you're fine" when I wasn't fine. He is really a nice person. And that's the only reason why I feel bad about dropping him as a friend. He's nice but I just feel like he's so awkward that he doesn't understand how to handle emotional, confrontational, or just HUMAN situations. But my friends have told me they think he's toxic and I know i probably don't need to ask this, but I'd just like to know I'm making the right choice here. If you were me, would you talk to him about this more or would you stop the friendship?

• 1 year ago

I'd cut him out of my life immediately if I were you.

1 year ago

what friendship? u said he does not return your calls and read your messages and has no time to meet u. obviously he does not consider u as his friend. drop him if he does not give u any positive emotions and does not have time for u

• 1 year ago

OK... He's NOT a really nice person. He may not be actually toxic, but you are the problem here. You are too needy, and too dependent on the attention of others. The story about the man is made up, and you know it. You were trying to get some kind of reaction from this person, and he probably knows that too. Why do you think you should have the undivided attention of others? He's a FRIEND, not your parent, or husband. You are too demanding, and expect way too much from just a FRIEND.

1 year ago

Yes it's not a real friend