how are engineering students expected to do a projects on their own without teaching them any thing related to their projects?

i am talking about cse.

we have been given a 100 marks project.

teachers expect us to make a fully functioning website.

we are expected to learn everything related to projects in our own.

how is it possible?

(are we expected to take online courses??and do projects)

My website was built by a 9th grader who did an amazing job of embedding the shopping cart and taking car of the security certificates.  While a website seems like a waste of time in an engineering program I am sure you can figure it out with youtube.

• Jack4 weeks agoReport

why do you think website as a waste of time in an engineering program?
      what should i do then as an engineering student?

If you’re not already familiar with Python, HTML, CSS, and JavaScript making a working website is going to be a challenge.

I would suggest getting as much information from your instructor about your project as possible. 

That is, DON’T assume that he actually expects you to build a website from the ground up.  Ask him if there is a mock up available and if a host is being provided.  That will lessen the burden somewhat.

You might also ask if it’s okay to work with other students.  That way one of you can do the Python (operational logic) and someone else can work on the HTML and CSS (cosmetics).

It could be that your instructor is actually quite brilliant and is truly testing your resourcefulness and ingenuity.  It could also be that he’s just lazy.

Good luck!

that's engineering life bro. if u don't like the way how it works, you can always quit.

• Lisa A

Have you ever heard of Google? Stackoverflow?

It is called research. It is done in a library. The instructor is not going to spoon feed you Data any longer, You must now dig up the info yourself by any means, Use it and site the resource where you obtained it. This is the part where you become a professional and do what a pro does. You learn by doing and research.

You're not always gonna be given instructions in life. You won't always have someone to guide you and tell you how to do stuff. You're an adult and have to learn to work on your own.

You learn by experimenting and that's the method your professor is using. He wants you to experiment, try, think, search and be creative. From my experience, I can tell you that the times I had to do stuff by myself without having a clue how to were the times that I actually learned.

So, don't be scared of it. Leave any doubt aside and try to think of ways to work on this project. Search, experiment, read, try. Eventually, you'll make it and you'll be extra proud of what you did because you did it on your own.

Of course, let's not forget that your professor wants you to learn and succeed so he's there to help you and answer your questions. You just have to ask him.

Good luck!

It's very easy to make a fully functioning website. There are many servers that host them. You can look up instructions online and watch YouTube videos. They're not asking you to invent a rocket to the moon. 

I created website and wrote html code back in the 90s, with no instruction. It's so much easier now when you don't have to know html. 

Guess what? He's preparing you for adulthood!