If someone is HIV positive & they make you a sandwich & a tindy bit of blood goes onto the bread & you eat it, can you get infected?

Update:

I had a Subway sandwich yesterday & I'm pretty sure the guy was wearing gloves but as my sandwich came out the oven it caught on the paper & I asked for kechup but he had to change the paper as my sandwich was stuck to the paper & there was red on the outside I'm sure he was wearing gloves & it was probably just ketchup & I doubt the guy has HIV but if he did & I ate a drop of the blood on my sandwich do I need to get tested?

Update 2:

I'm sorry if this sounds like a joke but I'm actually paranoid about it now

8 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 months ago
    Favorite Answer

Yes you can. 

I don't know where you are getting your sandwiches, but I would go somewhere else instead. 

I was trying to be amusing, but then I read your update. After your update, I would say you are just worrying too much. It is ketchup. I thought you were watching somebody bleeding all over your food. 

• Boo2 months agoReport

Nope & there was no knife or anything sharp between the Subway oven & wrapping my sandwich, sorry for being a dramatic I was needed reassurance

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

ddddddddddssaadddddddddddddddddddddd

• Edna
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

No; you won't contract HIV. Most people have likely already been served by an HIV+ person, didn't know it, and didn't contract the virus. That's because HIV is transferred only from fluids to fluids—blood to blood or through sex. 

But why did you eat a sandwich, if you thought there might be blood on the bread?

• Joe
    Lv 6
    2 months ago

Yes it is possible but the chances seem low. I would be worried too.  Sorry.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Rick
    Lv 6
    2 months ago

The acids in your stomach will kill most ALL viruses.  It would need to go right into YOUR blood stream ...........

• 2 months ago

No. The virus can't survive being outside the body for more than a few minutes and you can't get it by eating it.

• 2 months ago

Where does this Stupid question come from?

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

Not very likely.  The HIV virus is pretty weak and would be destroyed by your stomach acids.  IF you had an open sore in your mouth there's a remote chance.

• Boo2 months agoReport

Thank you

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.