Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureHolidaysOther - Holidays · 9 months ago

I had nothing to do with being born.  Why should I celebrate a birthday?

• Mandy

You had absolutely nothing to do with being born black, white, Asian or anything else.  But people are always talking about being proud to be white, etc.  My point being, there are many things that we had nothing do with it, but we celebrate it anyway.  I don’t engage in the silly proud to be a particular race thing, but I do celebrate birthdays.  Getting older is certainly better than being dead.  (For the most part.  Excluding illnesses.). 

• L

Because you're alive.  I just don't understand young people and their ideas/thoughts about this.  You're alive - celebrate!

People who like you celebrated it. I get there was no abortion.

No reason to .

• Ann

Don't. It's cheaper for people.

Don't, then. There's no law saying you have to.

• Med 10

Blame your ancestors for choosing the wrong partner to have sex with thousands of years ago. That's where it all started.

• Carmen

None of us had a choice in our births life is a precious gift from God who chooses to celebrate that specific day is of free will enjoy life everyday. 

• User

I'm pretty sure you were involved in that somehow.

if you werent born how to you use yahoo?