anyone else worried about having their youtube channel deleted because of the new changes?

in dec 10th, youtube will begin enforcing new terms and conditions which involve deleting and banning channels that are no longer commercially viable?

i'm majorly concerned as ive been a member of youtube since 2007 and i'm only a small channel with a handful of videos - mainly old tv clips -  and only 17 subscribers...youtube is my main form of entertainment and enjoyment so i'm worried will my channel be gone?

and all the favourite obscure channels i like will get deleted?

is anyone else worried? please someone tell me that this won't happen, i couldn't bear it.

Favorite Answer

If you post content that is aimed towards kids, then no. 

If you post content that isn't aimed towards kids, then no. 

In other words, don't worry. Any content that is aimed towards kids just won't be monetised. 

• Lv 7

if you actually READ the statement, it made no mention of deleting channels at all.

the line you are referencing, which everybody seems to have misunderstood, says that Google can remove the YouTube service at any time, if it seems like it is no longer profitable.

they're planning for a possible future where advertisers no longer want to pay them for adspace. if that day comes, they can legally shut down YT without question.

this is why you should ALWAYS keep a copy of your videos on your local computer...

Nope..............

I find this hard to believe.

Ana Medre and now my ex posted on the