Anonymous
Anonymous asked in SportsSwimming & Diving · 9 months ago

Do you have a shower after swimming at the beach?

Even the beaches abroad. Cos you don't want to catch anything from the others that are swimming in there or swam.

Always.  In the Pacific and Atlantic oceans the water is stinky but not usually contaminated, so I leave swimming trunks on when showering outside at public facilities, but E-coli is nothing to be taking chances with, and when a billion dead fish suddenly floated around my friends and me, stink of rot suddenly making my eyes water, not comprehhending how the horror around me could be reality without signs, barricades, DnR officers and state troopers keeping people off the beaches during an E-coli allert for Lake Michigan, someone seriously dropped the ball as our chaperone dropped our suits, ordering everyone to take the hand of the teenager nearest us, yelling at her daughterro leave our swimwear where they lie, with out sensitive areas 🔥 and itching so badly none of us wanted them back as they started to take on a life of thier own. It wasn't all bad, though, since the girl holding my right hand was my next door niebbor and new girlfriend, because it took me a year and a half to work up the courage to go next door and ask her out, and we were both too shy for iether of us to make any kind of first move, and we wouldn't be checking each other out while being lead to the outdoor shower nozzles, freestanding out of an iron pipe sticking up out of the ground, no possibility of concealment or privacy. Modesty wasn't a concern at that moment, but teary eyes and burning groins and keesters motivated running water and soapy hands between our, and each other's, legs and cheeks. Brenda had the most incredible girl parts I had ever seen and washed, rinsed, and spread open for signs of emergency medical intervention. She had nice things to say about the kind of young man I was developing into. That's how we knew we were right for each other, seeing how close we suddenly were physically, now that worry and concerns for each others safety forced us to overcome our paralizing shyness. Our little improvisational hass band group came to an understanding that day. What happens in Mackinac, stays in Mackinac.

Source(s): Teenage experience teaches that one must be flexible in thier thinking, since different latitudes mean different attitudes.

Not immediately. Salt water is very clean and helps to heal everything from a sore throat to cuts and rashes. You do not catch things in salt water. 

Yes, I always take a shower after I go swimming.

There is no shower at the beach I usually go to, besides you want to wash off the sand go take a dip.

After the ocean, yep. Gotta get that sticky salt off.

Usually I do after the beach, but I can't swim.

Yes because the combination of sand, saltwater, and sun make my skin and hair dry