How to mark dark fabric precisely, in a way that will wash out?

One of my favorite hobbies is painting t shirts, and I absolutely love using black shirts with white designs, however it’s been really hard to find something washable to draw designs on to begin with? I’m not the type to just begin painting and get it right, I need something washable to sketch it as a guide. I’ve used those washable fabric pens(really hard to get a good line), also cheap eyeshadow (not opaque and occasionally stained+hard to get a precise brush that picks up product), and tailors chalk (not a sharp enough point). Does anyone on here have any other ideas? Thank you!

Favorite Answer

Water color crayons.

white chalkboard chalk.

• drip

Tailor chalk and chalk isn’t going to have a point, they have a flat edge. 

Go on amazon and search for quilting markers

https://www.amazon.com/Dritz-667-Tailors-Marking-S...

I use a tailor's pencil which you can get a point on for quilt making and use a lot of black fabric. Many people swear by friction pens which you remove with heat, but chalk has always worked for me.

Use cosmetic mascara

Chalk is what has been historically used.