Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Pregnancy & ParentingTrying to Conceive · 9 months ago

Left side Fallopian tube is blocked , is this why I haven’t been able to get pregnant ?

Please just bare with me, I’ve been through enough with this ttc for 3 years now so please ease off the rude comments .Is this the cause of why I can’t get pregnant ? My HSG test found that My left tube is blocked due to probably some sort of spasm . My right tube is very well open . I know I still have a chance of getting pregnant and really need one tube open but does it count if I’m probably just ovulating On the left side this whole time ? What could be helpful treatments 

Doctor says it’s still possible , because all i need is one tube open and asked him the same question and said no , but my fiancé and I literally have no other issues except this one thing and that’s what’s making me think that it could be the cause 

There's no way we can possibly diagnose you, or say what your fertility issues may be.  We cannot examine you.  We cannot perform tests.  It would be highly irresponsible to advise you.  This is something only your doctor can and should address and answer. 

• LizB

I had the same issue when trying to get pregnant the first time 7 years ago. I had more HSGs a couple of years later showing my left tube as open (just narrower), but on the first scan the ink only went 2/3 through and my RE wasn't sure if it was a blockage or a spasm. I interpreted that has having a bum tube that halved our chances of conceiving, but my RE explained that ovaries tend to "take turns" on which one releases and egg, and even if one tube is blocked, the other one can still pick up the egg.

Anyway, the next cycle we decided to try IUI, and when I went in for my scan, I was due to ovulate on the left. I was devastated, and we actually left the clinic since I was sure it wouldn't work. But part way home my husband convinced me to go back and try anyway, so we decided to move forward. A little over two weeks later, I got my first ever BFP! =D My son is now 6 years old, and it's amazing to think that he exists only because my husband talked me into turning that car around!

It would make it more difficult but certainly not impossible to get pregnant with only one tube.

I'm sorry to hear your struggles, this is a question for your doctor, not random people on Yahoo Answers.

• Pippin

If you have one patent tube and no other fertility issues with you or your partner, you should be able to get pregnant.

You wouldn't only ovulate on one side unless you only had one ovary.

What does your doctor say?