Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Arts & HumanitiesGenealogy · 10 months ago

If Adam and Eve are my ancestors, how come they don’t have the same last name as me?

19 Answers

Relevance
  • 10 months ago

How do you know they don't have the same name as you? Have you done any research? Perhaps it's just that they don't have the surname Troll like you do.

• 10 months ago

they did not use surnames in that period of time.

• Zirp
    Lv 7
    10 months ago

Commoners didn't have family-names until people like Napoleon made it mandatory to have one - in order to facilitate forcing guys into  armies

• Marli
    Lv 7
    10 months ago

They did not need a last name.  They and their kids were the only humans around. 😜

Last names and nicknames came about when there were so many humans around that they had to be differentiated from other Nathans, Jacobs, etc.  Nathan Wiseman; Caleb Jacobson; Abel Sheppard; Joseph Carpenter; Saul Redbeard and Son.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 10 months ago

It's those pesky Neanderthal lineages that were added later, I bet.

• Cogito
    Lv 7
    10 months ago

They aren't your (or anyone else's) ancestors.

They're just characters in a fictional story.

But most of my ancestors didn't have the same surname as me.  Every generation adds more and more surnames to everyone's family tree.

• 10 months ago

The come from your mother's side of the family. Your father's side involved some sheep.

• 10 months ago

You cannot be that stupid?

• 10 months ago

Because last names only came into existence in the early 1800s.

Peace.

• Lôn
    Lv 7
    10 months ago

Your mother's side?

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.