Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Arts & HumanitiesGenealogy · 2 months ago

So my great grandpa married my friends great great aunt. What does that make my friend and I in relation?

• Maxi

Nothing.......... unless you/your friend is a product of their relationship

There is no biological relationship between you unless you ancestors had children

• Zirp

some kind of distant cousin-in-law, once removed

Is this woman that is your friend's great great aunt, who married your great grandfather, then also your great grandmother? Because if so, presumably you would then share the same great great grandparents, making you third cousins, with possible one generation removed, if there was an added generation between them and that great great grandparent of yours. If this was a separate marriage to another woman that your great grandfather married, who was not your great grandmother, then presumably on that side, would not share any great great grandparents through her parents, so then just would make there be no blood relation, but maybe could still consider them cousins-in-law or something.

• Ludwig

Twins I think.

Maybe by marriage, technically yes

• Ravi

Friends like before.

Distinct relations.  You do your homework.