Anonymous
Anonymous asked in SportsRunning · 9 months ago

Is it wrong to hate a certain race?

I dont mind running a 5k, but my running group really wants to do a 10k and I dont really like them...

It is not wrong but it probably will not be good for your situation, if that is what you have to do.

So...run the 5k...record your time and then "pull a hammy"....big woop.

Har-dee-har-har.

• .

It's fine to have a distance preference and to not want to run other distances or particular distances. There's no need to "hate" any race, unless you had a bad experience in that race and it was due to how the race was organized. 

.

If you don't want to run a 10K, then don't. I'd been doing 5Ks for many years before I decided to do a 10K (just to say I'd done one). I was slow, but I did it, and that was that. Years later, after recovering from 2 knee surgeries, I trained to do another one, because I'd decided I wanted to run a half marathon at some point (just to say I'd done one). There's nothing at all wrong with keeping to the shorter distances. I have a friend who is a personal trainer and runner, and his preference is 5K runs so he trains to become better/faster at that distance, instead of training for longer runs (he's done some long runs but just didn't enjoy them).

Hating someone for their race is quite despicable.  

I figured your question is political. Guess not.