Is it possible to hand in a letter of resignation while being off sick? UK employment question?

I’m currently sick and have sent my manager a sick note from the doctors which covers me till the beginning of December. However, I no longer wish to work for the company and would like to resign possibly from today. 

Is it going to be possible or do I have to wait first for my sick note to expire?

Thanks

You can resign any way you want, there are no legal requirements (barring local laws to the contrary).  You don't need to wait for your sick leave to expire.

• Tavy

As a retired U.K. Employer, yes you can resign now. You dont have to return to work your notice.

• Maxi

Then write out your weeks notice to leave while you still are on sick leave, the weeks notice takes affect with you being off sick or not

• Peter

Yes, you can do that, but you'll still have to work your period of notice, and that doesn't start until you return to work. If you have no intention of returning at all, you could forfeit your severance pay.

• Tavy

Wrong answer for the U.K.