Do you think I have fallen out of love with my bf or am I just stressed/depressed?

I’ve been w/my bf for 4 years. At the moment Im v stressed & not unmotivated. I haven’t got enough energy to give so much affection to my bf. He doesn’t understand that & constantly tells me how I’m changing/different. I feel he holds v high expectations of me, sometimes I don’t have the energy to reach.

He broke a glass during a disagreement which was OTT, he is quick tempered.I don’t like that he tells me every thing I do wrong. I feel stupid & also little insecure, like I’m being picked at. But he says he is trying to help improve myself. He hates how I might curl into myself as to not draw attention to myself,because he thinks I’m uncomfortable w/ him. He

gets frustrated when I cry.Ive had

trust issues in the past because he’d lie to me but he’s  not done it since. But I always remember them. 

There’ve been months (previously) where I’ve been more affectionate than he has & put more effort in. He has recently given me the effort back.

I’m scared of a future w/him, I don’t want to leave my family to live in his country & I don’t want force him to live in mine (though he agrees to). In his culture marriage is big & I’m still young I’ve only realised how scary it

is. 

Majority of the time my bf is good to me. & when he was off w/me today, I didn’t want to lose him. So I have no idea what I want. 

Do you think I am having these feelings because of my stress at uni/life in general & my anxiety for a serious future, or because I have fallen out of love? 

This guy is patronizing af and not sure why you ever loved him to begin with...but, yeah, this relationship is on artificial life support and it's time to pull the plug.

• Ivan

Are you my girlfriend? Lol you described my insecure gf.  

You need more confidence, hobbies, and a life of your own. Like art, or a gym, or classes.

• serne3 weeks agoReport

I used to be that way, but I’ve definitely made a life separate from him as well now which he isn’t really used to

• Janet

You this relationship.

There is too much emotional strife, lack of acceptance and actual love and it is NOT working.

I think you never DID learn to love him, nor he you ... love is not attachment or emotion. It is how well you treat each other, and how much both of you avoid doing things that might hurt the other.

Most relationships hit their "truth" between 1-3 years of living together, so you are pretty much on schedule. And discovering that the long-term truth is that you two are not suitable for each other.

As for honesty, it is 65% of what makes a relationship work. And he lies.