Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 2 weeks ago

Why do Democrats think that removing Trump from office will remove the discontent that put him there in the first place?

Or are they trying to set an example for others who would oppose them?

10 Answers

Relevance
  • Daro
    Lv 7
    2 weeks ago
    Best answer

2nd one.

The Insiders who have run the country into the ground for about 80 years now wud love to discourage anyone from outside their swamp from running.

You shud notice that after the primaries you generally have a "choice" between a Republican insider and a Democrat insider.

2016 was the first election in our lifetime which presented anything like a real choice.  Even Reagan implemented most of the policies that the Council was promoting. Not all but many of them.

• Anonymous
    2 weeks ago

Well there's two points here. 

First off, Trump wasn't elected by the people.  Remember that he lost the popular vote.  In fact, he got less of the popular vote than any candidate in the 20th century, including the losers.  So Democrats don't think there's much to fear from the impulses which got him elected because they're minoritarian impulses. 

Second, and more importantly, Democrats are seeking impeachment because Trump committed crimes.  The fact that removing him wouldn't suddenly overturn Republican rule isn't an indictment of Democrats, it's a testimony to their good faith motives.  They want Trump out because he's a criminal, not because they think it will bring about their political ascendance (the election will do that).

• Sally
    Lv 7
    2 weeks ago

No one thinks that. In fact, that's why Elizabeth Warren and Bernie talk about how to address that discontent every single day.

• 2 weeks ago

That's a really really good question. No one yet has really been able to explain why Trump won despite having absolutely no experience or qualifications in politics.

Drain the swamp was banded about, but that was never explained in detail and even worse it was never explained how the POTUS alone was gong to drain the swamp when the swamp consists of tens of thousand of elected and appointed officials and workers.

From what I can tell, our nation is even more discontented now than it was before Trump was elected. Trump's average approval rating, by the Gallop polls, is 40%, the lowest average since FDR was POTUS during WWII.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 2 weeks ago

This country is FAR more discontent and divided because of Trump than it was beforehand. The majority wants him impeached and removed and that number will only rise after the Articles of Impeachment go public. That’s more discontent than I’ve ever seen here, and I left for college the summer Nixon resigned. Trump makes Nixon look like a choirboy.

• Ron
    Lv 6
    2 weeks ago

Good question, this country is divided evenly, so says the media, I think it's 70 , 30 so yes what are the demlib snowflakes thinking they can change the other's minds. if we give a fxcvk what the snowflakes think

• Jim2
    Lv 7
    2 weeks ago

I wasn't aware that they were worried about that. I think their main purpose is to see justice done.

• 2 weeks ago

Democrats can't remove Trump from office.  I know that democrats have been loose with the impeachment rules in the House, but the Senate is still under republican control.  

• -j.
    Lv 7
    2 weeks ago

Everyone who has been elected got elected because *someone* wants them there (usually it's a majority, but not in Trump's case).  Are you saying they should never be held accountable to the law because of that?

Great system you got there.  What could possibly go wrong.

• It wasn't discontent that put fat Donnie in; it was a flawed & outdated electoral college with Putin's help.

• Mike
      Lv 7
      2 weeks agoReport

Sure it was  Hillary  was a loser

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.