six shooter asked in PetsDogs · 3 weeks ago

how can i trick my dog into thinking his food has meat in it?

Update:

it is dry food. he is getting the right amount of protien hes ust super fkin picky.

18 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    2 weeks ago

Add a spoonful of wet food and mix it very well. 

• 3 weeks ago

You cannot trick the dog to think that. Dogs are CARNARNIVERIOUS. Dogs NEED meat. Look at their teeth. Meant to tear flesh.

• whostosay2 weeks agoReport

you are aware that dogs aren't carnivorous, right? they're OMNIVORES. 

• Anonymous
    3 weeks ago

You probably can't.  I do find it interesting that the dog is possibly smarter than you are.

• you got a set of balls on you huh? make a comment under anonymous mask. 

• Joe
    Lv 5
    3 weeks ago

You can't.  Give that poor dog meat once in a while.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 3 weeks ago

You probably won't, they need to eat meat.

That dry kibble dog food is a lot of meat, some just don't like it.

Maybe wet it down with warm water, just enough to make it soft like canned.

• Ocimom
    Lv 7
    3 weeks ago

Feed him decent food that contains meat.

• patty
    Lv 5
    3 weeks ago

sprinkle it with liver treats

• 3 weeks ago

By giving him up to a no-kill shelter so he can find an owner that isn't a cheapa$$.

• im sorry, did i say it was because of money? you dont even know the full situation. just keep your mouth shut, youll sound smarter that way.

• 3 weeks ago

I suppose it depends on the brand of dry food it is.  

However, consistently swapping out your dog's food will make them picky.  If they think they can hold out for something better, and you give it, the fussiness will never end.  

There are obviously brands that are more appealing than others.  (Not sure if I'm allowed to mention name brands here...)

Another option is to try to add a bit of water, sometimes it'll make a bit of a gravy, other brands will just soak it up and make it soggy and gross.  

You could also try mixing just a teaspoon of canned food into it.  That usually does the trick.

Source(s): vet 21 years
    • thats what i used to do, but he would eat half and leave half of it and that would attract bugs 

• 3 weeks ago

dream on kid........................

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.