Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Cars & TransportationMaintenance & Repairs · 3 weeks ago

How long can i drive with a taped bumper and fender and how long would the car last?

Update:

The biggest thing im worried about is water or snow getting into my turn signal assembly that i taped up

6 Answers

Relevance
  • Ron
    Lv 7
    3 weeks ago

You're an adult. You can drive as long as you want

• 3 weeks ago

Dont drive around with your bumper or fender taped on.... it will last untill it falls off and causing another crash.... that you get to pay for.... it may even fall off and cause you to crash... there comes a point where you just have to make a wise decision 

• 3 weeks ago

Depends on where you live . . . . in the US some states have annual vehicle inspections and routinely pull-over obviously damaged vehicles on the road.

Other states, like mine (Florida - Volusia County) have strict laws but none of them are enforced......you can drive around with NO bumpers or fenders, no exhaust, no plates, etc. 

• g
    Lv 7
    3 weeks ago

That's like asking how long is a piece of string.  

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Anonymous
    3 weeks ago

With you, it won't last long. What kind of tape did you use? Gorilla Tape? Good. Now, Why? Go to a junk yard & buy a fender  & bumper. They bolt on & it's easy to adjust. Find out what size of nuts & spend a couple of hours on it. You'll be glad you did.

• 3 weeks ago

Depends on how well its taped. Sorry about your car, hope its fixed quickly.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.