veroncia asked in Beauty & StyleHair · 3 weeks ago

So yesterday I colored my hair using a wella hair colors hair dye gel. It was blonde. Only my roots are blonde. ?

I just want to go back to dark hair . My curls look a bit straighter. But I can’t stand to look at my hair this color. I want to cut my hair, dye it dark brown and use a hair mask. Is that possible? If so  what hair dye should I use and what volume of developer? (Yes I do regret not going to a professional) 

• Laura

You can't really go lighter with dye, if you wanted to go lighter you should have used bleach. 

You used a permanent hair color, so ideally you should go to a professional and have them help.  This is because permanent hair colors act very differently than semi-permanent hair colors, and you can't layer hair colors on top of each other without risking killing your hair.  Go to a salon and have them help you color your hair back to a natural dark color and trim it so it looks healthy.