Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Cars & TransportationInsurance & Registration · 2 weeks ago

Insurance rate?

Got in a wreck before my first renewal. Im 18 on my moms insurance and pays 58$. And they wreck total was about 3000.06.. how much do you think my pay will go up by?? I have liability.

8 Answers

Relevance
  • May
    Lv 5
    2 weeks ago

How would you expect anyone here to know or even guess as to how much your premium might increase?

At 18 years old, they may in fact cancel (refuse to insure) you.

• Scott
    Lv 6
    2 weeks ago

Only your insurance company can answer this.

• Anonymous
    2 weeks ago

A lot....go get a second job and a pair of rollerskates.

• Anonymous
    2 weeks ago

Typically, an at-fault claim results in a premium increase of 5 to 10% for five years.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Anonymous
    2 weeks ago

50 years ago, when I had collisions.

The cost to repair was divided by 5. The premiums seemed to be raised by that figure for the next five years.

Liability is payments to INJURED persons.

Collision is payments for property damaged.

Less the (usual $500) Deductible.

• JetDoc
    Lv 7
    2 weeks ago

Your "PAY" won't go up at all. Your mom's cost for insurance WILL go up, and if you're any sort of person, you will pay your share of the increased rates.

• Anonymous
    2 weeks ago

I'm in NY.  I will say 2-1/2 times to current premium.

I have NO idea how much your pay will go up.  Why would your pay (at your job) go up because you had an accident?

• KatieC
    Lv 4
    2 weeks ago

I don’t know what state you’re in, but $3,000 is considered a 3 point accident here in NC. Being that you’re 18, I’d say just a ballpark guess that it will double or maybe a little more.

• KatieC
      Lv 4
      2 weeks agoReport

What they do here is add on the surcharge when your policy renews, not immediately. From that point, it’s 3 years provided you have no other accidents. 

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.