Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Cars & TransportationInsurance & Registration · 9 months ago

Insurance rate?

Got in a wreck before my first renewal. Im 18 on my moms insurance and pays 58$. And they wreck total was about 3000.06.. how much do you think my pay will go up by?? I have liability.

• May

How would you expect anyone here to know or even guess as to how much your premium might increase?

At 18 years old, they may in fact cancel (refuse to insure) you.

• Scott

Only your insurance company can answer this.

A lot....go get a second job and a pair of rollerskates.

Typically, an at-fault claim results in a premium increase of 5 to 10% for five years.

50 years ago, when I had collisions.

The cost to repair was divided by 5. The premiums seemed to be raised by that figure for the next five years.

Liability is payments to INJURED persons.

Collision is payments for property damaged.

Less the (usual $500) Deductible.

• JetDoc

Your "PAY" won't go up at all. Your mom's cost for insurance WILL go up, and if you're any sort of person, you will pay your share of the increased rates.

I'm in NY.  I will say 2-1/2 times to current premium.

I have NO idea how much your pay will go up.  Why would your pay (at your job) go up because you had an accident?

• KatieC

I don’t know what state you’re in, but $3,000 is considered a 3 point accident here in NC. Being that you’re 18, I’d say just a ballpark guess that it will double or maybe a little more.