Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Home & GardenMaintenance & Repairs · 3 weeks ago

neighbour keeps putting bin right on my drive, blocking me. Have mentioned but keeps doing it. How can I stop without causing bad feeling?

Favorite Answer

Why are you afraid of getting on the wrong side of them. They're the one doing the wrong thing. You've spoken to them about it yet they still continue to do it. They deserve an ear bashing. If it were me, I wouldn't care less if they got shitty with me because I wouldn't be the one in the wrong. I don't know what you should do, maybe put their bin at the end of the street so they have to go looking for it. 

• d00ney

He is acting as if the drive belongs to him. Now in the event that it does happen to be a shared drive he is behaving unreasonably, because the main purpose of a drive is to gain access. You should seek legal redress, but before you do so it may be worthwhile to enlist the help of mutual friends and neighbours to point out the error of his ways. They could, however, say, ‘What is your problem you could drive a bus past that.’

that bin should disappear

Hint ... he can't leave it on your drive if he doesn't have one

• Joe

He already is causing bad feelings. Its not your fault.

a fence along the driveway

move bin to his drive every time he does it

• Laurie

Move it to HIS drive.

"Confiscate" the bin . . . . after they pay for a few, maybe they'll get the message.

park in his driveway