hana asked in HealthOther - Health · 3 weeks ago

What can be causing my chronic nausea?

It started when I got pregnant 6 years ago. My morning sickness never went away. Every single morning I am nauseous. It prevents me from getting my son to school on time among other things because I have to move slowly to prevent me from really feeling like I’m about to throw up. 

All of my blood tests come back normal. It’s really affecting my quality of life and I’m not sure what the cause is.

Have you eaten when you feel sick? I always feel sick in the mornings until I eat something. I also get it at anytime when I haven’t eaten for a couple of hours.

• KatieC

I’d try a urologist. I had a kidney issue once and the only real symptom was nausea in the morning. It would make sense to me (I’m not a doctor, but I did carry a full term baby), that your bladder and kidneys could have been affected by weakened pelvic floor muscles. That would explain why it’s gone on for 6 years without changing.

• Mark

Sometimes I get nauseated ("nauseous" means "making someone else nauseated") when I don't get enough sleep.  You could also have something wrong with your gallbladder, or an ulcer.

• Linda

Sounds like IBS. I get that too and tests will always come back normal. See your doc about this possibility and ask for anti nausea medicine like promethazine.