matthew asked in HealthOther - Health · 3 weeks ago

Why does scratching bug bites feel soooo good?

Two days ago, my brother and two cousins were swimming in a lake near a Coastal property they we co-own,new go on this annual trip together every November. Anyway, we were in the lake and for the first time (we have been in many times before) I felt this little “pricks” on my skin, kind of sharp but not very painful. Anyway, two hours after getting out my cousin noticed that my back had really really flared up, and I started to feel itchy. Upon closer inspection it turned out that I had 27 bites (must have been sea lice) on the left side of my back. I have no idea why they chose me, neither of cousins nor my brother had a single bite, and we were all wearing the same thing - just speedos. 

Anyway, as annoying as the sprites were to get, when I start scratching, especially not having scratched for about an hour or so, it feels so good, I get this very pleasurable tingling sensation on my head that runs down to my spine. Nothing anywhere near sexual, just a very pleasurable sensation that tingles. I have asked my brother cousins to scratch it and it feels even better, more pronounced, when they do it for me.

Why is this? Why would getting something like these bites cause this sensation, whereas if I were just to scratch without having them, it would not be present?

It releases toxins into your body

Guilty pleasure