qween_niema asked in HealthOptical · 2 weeks ago

How Do I Fake An Eye Exam?

This may seem weird and I realize i probably sound insane but I really want glasses and I have an appointment on Tuesday for my eyes and I don't want to pass my exam  because I really want glasses but I can see fine if you have many ways to trick the doctor please tell me

Really... you have to be told that you can simply buy any glasses you want with lenses that have NO PRESCRIPTION. Any optical store will be more than happy to rip you off for the cost of the frames. It makes no difference to them what so ever if the lenses have a prescription or not. Glasses are not a drug that require a prescription before you can have them. Are you truly unaware that you can buy any glasses you want as long as you have the money to pay for them. There is no need to "fail" an eye exam to get glasses. That is asinine. Sorry, but I'm just astonished that you think you have to fake an exam to buy glasses. Geez.

You don't need to fake an eye exam. Just go and get a pair of non-prescription glasses and you're fine. Wearing glasses of wrong prescription will only cause discomfort and blurred vision.

• Bernd

David E. Gave an excellent answer.

The best thing is to tell the doctor right off that you want glasses and you would like to wear them even if they only help a little. There are very few people who could not be made to see better with glasses. There are a lot of people where the improvement is so small that is isn't worth the bother to most people. Your doctor won't help you defraud the insurance company but he will prescribe low prescriptions if that is what you want.

• Shay

YOU CAN'T.

If you lie about what you are seeing during the exam, you would NOT be able to WEAR the glasses because they would be made with the WRONG STRENGTH for YOUR VISION.  Wearing glasses with the wrong script for your vision would give you headaches and impair your ability to see.

If you don't need glasses, you CAN just BUY the frame you like with lenses that have NO PRESCRIPTION.  You would basically be buying a pair of glasses just for fashion.

maybe you can get some fake glasses that look real if youre doing it for looks

This will make sense but you won't understand. Get a pair of glasses that are plain glass.

• Andy C

If you fake the exam, you'll end up with glasses that make everything blurry and gives you headaches.

Just buy glasses with no prescription. Cheap enough online. I was like you. Everyone except me wore glasses and I had 20/15 vision.

At 31, I suffered brain damage and after, it could no longer compensate for imperfect shaped eyes (astigmatism).

Now, I wear glasses with the weakest prescription for farsightedness. They really help with the astigmatism (causes double vision).

kill the doctor, when no one is lookin shoot him.