Jamie
Jamie asked in Science & MathematicsZoology · 2 months ago

Are tigers very solitary ?

I am very solitary. I get angry when people invade my territory that I have very clearly marked.

Not at all. Males will of course tolerate females within their territories, but surprisingly, it has been filmed that male tigers will play with cubs within their own territories, because these cubs are likely their own, since they recognize the females that accompany these cubs as ones that they had mated with. Inside zoos, male tigers are routinely kept with females. They get along just fine in most cases.

They are because almost anything is afraid of them

depends on the tiger, theyre all different

• JimZ

I saw a show not too long ago and they revealed how tigers weren't as solitary as they previously assumed.  Tigers interact quite a bit.  I remember they had a game camera which showed numerous tigers hanging out together at night.  I also saw a Nova recently about Mountain Lions and they came to a similar conclusion.  My three cats are very social and think they are similar to tigers.