Sam asked in PetsDogs · 3 weeks ago

My dogs tongue is cold.?

Hello, I am worried about my dog. His tongue is cold, about the temperature of a soda that's been left out for a while. Sorry if that isn't a good description. I have looked around the internet for an explanation and I saw that he could be sick. 

My dogs name is Wiggles, he is a Rat Terrier and 12 years old.

I also saw that people asked if there was an odd coloration. So I will add a photo that shows the color of his tongue if that may help.

That's a very good photo of his tongue - I wish more of my clients could provide such good photos.  :) 

There's nothing wrong with the colour however the temperature should be normal body temperature.  A soda that's been left out for a while in a warm room could be the same temperature so that's not an ideal description.

Has your dog been drinking or eating something cold?  If the answer is no, get a vet check.  They'll check his temperature and be able do a much more thorough diagnosis than anyone can do via text.

Whenever you feel something is "odd" with your pet, get a vet to check rather than asking people who can't see, hear, feel or test your pets.

Source(s): vet 21 years, behavioural specialist

Friend your dog has some kind of internal parasites! could be intestinal worms and it could be heartworms get your dog to a vet. The color of his tongue and gums indicates that he has internal parasites.

Take him to the vet but I think it’s nothing

If you aren't a troll, and I'm not sure, he needs to see a Vet. Call one.

• Sam3 weeks agoReport

I am not a troll, I am genuinely worried about my dog.