Sam Price asked in PetsDogs · 3 weeks ago

How do I get my dog to stop humping my girl dog? ?

My female dog has been fixed since she was one, they are partners and they’re both now six. She doesn’t go in the heat because she doesn’t have a period, he is not fixed though. She just recently had surgery because she got a toy stuck in her intestines and came home. Ever since she’s been back she’s been fighting with her male dog, very aggressively. She’s fine with his attention for a few minutes but he keeps going and keeps trying to hump her, get on top of her etc. and she flips out on me. I don’t know what to do. 

Supervise them; separate them; get him neutered (which will change nothing if it's dominant "humping").

And a few tips so you won't look quite as foolish - dogs don't get periods; dogs are females, not "girls;" dogs aren't "partners."

• Nathan

You can't. If he isn't fixed, he's going to continue doing tjat, and Will start having other behavioural issues (like aggression towards mail dogs or seeing on furniture), so he needs to be.

• *****

You keep them apart when you're not supervising and intervene EVERY TIME he tries to mount her. Teach him the "leave it" command and use it. While neutering alone will not stop the behavior, it may make it easier to train him to stop and should be considered since you are experiencing hormonally influenced behavioral problems with him. 

How would you feel if you'd just had surgery, you're uncomfortable or painful, and on top of that someone was constantly sexually assaulting you and you weren't interested in the least? Of course she's going to express her displeasure! She shouldn't have to put up with it. 

• ?3 weeks agoReport

Well it’s been a month since her surgery and she was fine with him up until about 3 days ago. They are big dogs, he is a German Shepherd and she’s a retriever