Decoda asked in HealthMental Health · 3 weeks ago

What reason would a mental health team have a professionals meeting about you?

6 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    3 weeks ago
    Best answer

It's because they can't work as a team to treat you if they don't communicate. I've been under an NHS mental health team for over 20 years and they regularly hold multi-disciplinary team meetings about me without me knowing. I sometimes hear about them when my care co-ordinator mentions that she attended one.

• Autumn
      Lv 7
      2 weeks agoReport

It's because they're routine and happen as often as one a week. All medical teams do the same, it's standard practice and best practice so that everyone involved in a patient's care can contribute and everyone is working towards the same goal.

• 2 weeks ago

It sounds like gossiping about a patient.

• 3 weeks ago

I work in a mental health team and each team has to have an MDT (multi disciplinary team) meeting usually once a week on all patients as standard. If it’s a specific meeting solely about you, then it’s likely you’re a particularly complex case either diagnostically or behaviourally 

• Anonymous
    3 weeks ago

The Mental Health Team is a group of doctors coordinating your care.  The team usually consists of your regular doctor, social worker, physical therapist, psychiatrist, etc.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 3 weeks ago

Exchange opinions on the course of treatment.

There is no single path of treating the illness.

Also, it could be to discuss the method of payment, whether the insurance will cover a portion, none, or all of their ideas. Money is big in mental health.

• Norman
    Lv 7
    3 weeks ago

My forged release papers from the sanitorium.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.