Decoda asked in HealthMental Health · 3 weeks ago

What reason would a mental health team have a professionals meeting about you?

It's because they can't work as a team to treat you if they don't communicate. I've been under an NHS mental health team for over 20 years and they regularly hold multi-disciplinary team meetings about me without me knowing. I sometimes hear about them when my care co-ordinator mentions that she attended one.

• Autumn

It's because they're routine and happen as often as one a week. All medical teams do the same, it's standard practice and best practice so that everyone involved in a patient's care can contribute and everyone is working towards the same goal.

It sounds like gossiping about a patient.

I work in a mental health team and each team has to have an MDT (multi disciplinary team) meeting usually once a week on all patients as standard. If it’s a specific meeting solely about you, then it’s likely you’re a particularly complex case either diagnostically or behaviourally 

The Mental Health Team is a group of doctors coordinating your care.  The team usually consists of your regular doctor, social worker, physical therapist, psychiatrist, etc.

Exchange opinions on the course of treatment.

There is no single path of treating the illness.

Also, it could be to discuss the method of payment, whether the insurance will cover a portion, none, or all of their ideas. Money is big in mental health.

• Norman

My forged release papers from the sanitorium.