What would you consider a hot dog?

Me and my boyfriend are having an argument about what are the prerequisites of a hot dog, for me a hot dog is bread and a sausage, for him it needs to have sauce and toppings  to be a hot dog 

Update:

I never thought this would receive so much answers, today we celebrate the diversity of hot dogs 

17 Answers

Relevance
  • Kathy
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago
    Favorite Answer

A hot dog can be any way a person likes to eat it

• Anonymous
    3 weeks ago

Sounds like both of you are anal.  A "hot dog" is a frankfurter with some kind of bread wrapped around it.  The topping are immaterial.

• Zirp
    Lv 7
    3 weeks ago

It looks like a sausage and has some nutritional value but the taste is extremely bland

Source(s): europe
  • audrey
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

A Nathan's with mustard.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 4 weeks ago

If you were to go to the hot dog capital of the country (Flint, Michigan),  they would tell you it’s a Koegel Vienna that snaps when you bite in to it.  It is made of everything from a pig, so you know they are REAL healthy lol.  A true coney dog comes with coney sauce, onions, and mustard.

• Matt85
    Lv 5
    4 weeks ago

It has to be in a hot dog bun. A hot dog in normal bread is a sausage sandwich.

• A hot dog is a Dusseldorfer sausage.  It can be served in a roll.  Replacing it with a Frankfurter or Wiener and smothering it in dressing is an American confection.

• 4 weeks ago

One of the Olde Oak ones from a tin

• 4 weeks ago

Mustard with human blood

• A.J.
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

It doesn't need any toppings.

It still can be called a hot dog without the slit bun.

• 4 weeks ago

A hot dog is the meat alone

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.