Wearing heels after mid 5th metatarsal brake?

I had a clean snap thru the middle of the 5th metatarsal. Cast was on for 6 weeks, stil obviously in the healing process.

My question is (from someones personal experience preferably) when would it be OK to wear heels (block heels not stiletto heels). Around 4 inches high? Ankle boots to be precise.

Anyone experience something similar?

• k w

nope....BUT, you need to read, [ the borax conspiracy ] it may raise more questions, but at least you'll know the truth......

• Eva

I'm sure your doctor would tell you that 4" heels are much too high. They're too high even if you hadn't broken your foot. They'll put too much stress on that part of your foot. Stay at 2" or less for at least 6 months after you think you're completely healed and don't wear the higher ones on a regular basis. Your feet will thank you later.

Depends on the healing. The 5th MT is  well known for vascular problems, called a"Jones" fracture, affecting healing, in fractures of the mid-shaft.

Do you know the saying: "double or nothing"??

• We admire your dedication