Can I be rehired years later after getting terminated not for cause, can a company look up past employment record on me being a past employ?

Here’s a question.  If you apply to a company that you worked for before years and years ago but ultimately got fired/terminated at a younger age.  Now in the present when applying it asks if you have worked for our company before.  So checking yes, but making it to the interview stage now, have they already checked their own HR files on me and know this?  The reason I was let go was not being able to return from a short leave of a sense do to some issues going on outside of work.  And how to address it if asked?  Im sure they would know this in their files already though.  Thanks for any insight.  I know possess skills and schooling and a long strong work record with another company that pertains to what they are looking for so decided to apply.  And I got results so far.  Thank you for any information. 

That's up to the company if they have kept old records with your dismissal.

• tech883 weeks agoReport

I’m not sure if they have or not but I did get threw the initial phase and I’ve been offered the interview in person.  They must have record of it.  Or perhaps they don’t after so many years.  Lots has changed either way.  

A newly person cost money to train a person. If they knew how to do work there should be a chance.

It all depends on them.  If your work record is good and you can persuade them that you have matured and now have a good work ethic, you might be given another chance.  Sometimes though, they take your old record at face value and may just say no.  All you can do is apply and hope for the best.

• tech883 weeks agoReport

I did apply and so far looking good.  I have been offered a in person interview at this stage.  I’d imagine they screen you by asking the question if you have worked for the company before.