Anonymous

My boyfriend and his roommate are extremely dirty?

I have been living with my boyfriend for the past couple of years and now for the past year, his brother has been living with us as well. His brother also has his gf over everyday. All three are extremely dirty, super slobs. My bf leaves dirty clothes and dirty underwear everywhere(our room, living room, bathroom-even though I had placed a dirty clothes hamper in the bathroom specifically for him to utilize), leaves dirty dishes and old food everywhere, I’ll had just cleaned and not even 5 minutes later, he’ll have the entire house looking dirty again. His excuse is that he has no room, no area to put his stuff. He definitely has an entire large walk in closet to use, among other areas in the house.

His younger brother and his gf do not clean what so ever. I have yet to see him clean anywhere in the house. He allows his friends to come over and make messes that I have to clean. His girlfriend leaves dirty dishes everywhere, hair everywhere in the bathroom(including the bathroom sink), used tampons in the bathroom(not just the applicator), so on and so forth. He feels he works so much he doesn’t have to clean up behind himself, but I pay the rent and we all work a lot.

My bf was super clean before we had moved in together. I have mentioned me moving out and still continuing to date, but he comprehended that as us breaking up. He’s even snapped on me in front of his friends for cleaning up behind him and accidentally putting his clean clothes with dirty. 

* For the people confused as to why I had given so much information, I had wanted to provide a bit of background as to what’s been going on. 

Move out and don't look back and the pile of slobbiness.

• I care

Sounds like you are their built in maid......why put up with all of this?

They're probably getting all dirty in there if ya know what I mean *wink wink*

So break up and move out

Not sure what your question is as this reads like a statement of fact. Your bf is messy and your roommates have realized that if they do nothing you'll ultimately do it for them. This is pretty typical in the situation where one person in a domicile is tidy and the rest are not. Some people just accept that this is their lot in life and others will make changes so as not to function as an unpaid housekeeper. You have no leverage to get your bf's bro and his gf to change. But perhaps it would be a good thing if bf interprets your moving out as breaking up. This'll give him a milestone to meet in trying to get you back.

So he treats you like dirt and you enable him to do so. Younger bro sees this and acts accordingly so you are skivvy to this family and their friends/relations. It's up to you. You are the doormat they all walk over. You pay the rent. Why are you bothering to date this guy let alone live with him. Break up. Make his forecast come true and they then can pay their own rent and live in their own pigsty. Only YOU can change things by using your feet and getting yourself somewhere new to live where you can be clean as a whistle and not have to have the slob of a boyfriend anymore. There are other cleaner men out there who'd give their eye teeth to clean up after you. So go and find one......or you can stay as you are and just moan about your sorry lot in life. Your choice.

• audrey

Stop cleaning! Now! Take care of your own stuff. Leave the rest of it.

Such a long question that you could have asked in about 3 lines, why do you waste peoples time with this. "For the same reason I answered your question" does not even remotely make any sense. What a waste of time. I thought I will just bring it to your attention that keep thing short when asking questions. Long detailed questions make you look like a troll, which of course you are. I think your boyfriend wants to break up with you hence he is being a slob to try and scare you away. Judging from your question you seem really annoying.

• Anon3 weeks agoReport

For the same reason you answered my “long question.”

This would be a deal-breaker for many women.  It would only get worse as time went on.

Move into your own place, obviously. Or find roommates that you're more compatible with.

• chris n

Why don't you want to break up with the disgusting slob?  What does he do for you other than use you for sex and housekeeping