Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthMental Health · 3 weeks ago

Postpartum depression?

I feel a bit silly even thinking I may be depressed. I feel so much love and happiness towards my baby. But I also feel overwhelming anxiety most of the time. I feel like I’m a bad mom bc my kitchen is dirty, so I clean but then I feel like a bad mom for letting him sit in his swing while I clean. I can tell myself that’s crazy but I still can’t shake the feeling. Recently, when it’s time for bed, I feel very sad and in need of physical contact from my s/o. It sounds silly but before, he would give me a hug every day when he got home from work. Now he doesn’t. And when I try to cuddle in bed I just feel as if I’m being too needy and annoying him. About a week ago, I had to have a surgery. This had been scheduled for about 2 months. As the surgery date came closer, I became very anxious that I wouldn’t wake up

. And as scared as I was, I think a pretty big part of me didn’t want to wake up. I by no means plan on or want to do anything. In my mind that would just be the easiest solution. My baby wouldn’t have any reason to think it was his fault. My husband would still get the life insurance money. And I just wouldn’t have to do this anymore. I feel like a terrible mother for thinking this. I’m just so tired. And I don’t really know what to do. I guess I just needed to vent. I feel too ashamed to tell anyone in my life these feelings. 

• justin

depression can twist ur mind liek that make u incapable of seeing logic. I don't know if i cna help but i can give hugs and attention and try to help if he can't. I am a very huggy person

• Papa-G

You might like this article!

I Won My Battle With Postpartum Depression

https://www.jw.org/en/library/magazines/g20020722/...

Have you discussed this problem with your physician?  Only a doctor can adequately diagnose and treat your symptoms.  You aren't the first to experience depression.

See if there are any support groups in your area for post-partum depression.

Get plenty of sleep and some exercise. Take a walk with Baby rather than clean. It's hard, this time of life; I remember! You could mention your feelings to your doctor, too.

Any mother will understand your feelings.

You shouldn't be ashamed to cuddle or ask for a hug from your special one, that's what he is there for, you shouldn't go through this alone when you are not alone, don't be afraid to share your feelings with your spouse, he is there for you, that's what being in a relationship all about, going through life and everything that it comes with together, that's not being needy, that's what you're supposed to do. Just keep on going strong and confide in your spouse, this "phase" will pass and it will become a building stone that makes you and your family stronger. 

• Henry

I don't think that is real.