bettyb
bettyb asked in Entertainment & MusicMovies · 3 weeks ago

What is your favorite Christmas movie or movies and why?

Favorite Answer

I have a few favorites. 

A Christmas Story

Ralphie and that Red Rider BB gun!  He WOULD shoot his eye out!!!  My late mother loved that movie!  Her favorite Christmas movie!

National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation

Clark trying to put up those Christmas lights and make Christmas a magical time at the Griswald house.  A laugh riot!!  My mother loved this one, too!  Chevy Chase's best movie ever!  My favorite Christmas movie!

How The Grinch Stole Christmas

Jim Carrey played a great role in the movie version of the tale.  He found out that Christmas resides in the heart of those Whos down in Whoville.  My mom liked it!

Scrooge

Albert Finney, in a musical version of the famous story of Ebeneezer Scrooge - A bitter, miserly, cold-hearted man who changed his sad world around with the help of the ghosts of Christmases past, present, and future, and who became as good a man as there ever was. This version of Mr. Scrooge is my favorite!

It's A Wonderful Life

George Bailey's world turned right side up by the Guardian Angel, Clarance Odbody-AS2.  My late father's favorite Christmas movie.

Bad Santa

Billy Bob Thornton played a helluva role here.  Wow!  This Santa is NOT for little kids to watch!!  He's rude, crude, foul-mouthed, hilarious, and CRIMINAL!  LOL

The one of about aJimmy Stewart

Miracle on 34th Street (1947)

It will make you want to believe in Santa Claus all over again. And, isn't believing in Santa Claus what makes Christmas magical?

A Charlie Brown Christmas

Linus: "That's what Christmas is all about, Charlie Brown."

Linus: "It's not such a bad little tree.  All it needs is a little love."

• JAWS Is My Favorite Great Acting Awesome Story! Runner Up Dirty Harry

My Favorite Christmas Movie Is Miracle On 34th Street (1947)

Runner Up A Christmas Carol (1951)

• aladdinwa

I think bettyb meant Christmas movie or Christmas movies.  Not 1 Christmas movie and then several non-Christmas movies.

It's a Wonderful Life starring James Stewart,

It is a great Christmas story too.

ps, a user called tiescore thinks it is too.

The Night They Saved Christmas (1984 TV movie) starring Jaclyn Smith, Art Carney ; probably cheesy when compared to others but I remember seeing it as a kid. 

Prancer (1989). The Dad in it reminded me of my own Dad who has bipolar. I always felt the girls Dad was supposed to be mentally ill. I know it sounds dark, but it made me feel good seeing a Dad that was like mine.

It's a Wonderful Life    -  because by the end when Harry toasts George it just feels so uplifting. 

A Christmas Carol 

Not one particular version.  I watch as many versions as I can during the holiday season.

• aladdinwa

My favorite version is the 1984 made-for-TV movie with George C. Scott.

• Shadow

A Christmas Carol with George C Scott is my favourite

Santa Claus Conquers The Martians because it has martians.