How do I change the content of an App without releasing a new update?

Hi,

I’m a Computer Engineering sophomore student and I have a question that bugging me for some time:

How do you change the content of an App that you submited, for example to the App Store, without having to realise a new update of the app?

For example, you have a simple app that is a calendar with events/workshops that are schedule in an university campus. How can I add new events to the calendar (just me! Since I am the one responsible for developing and maintaining the app) so that those changes are going to be visible for the app’s users?

The only idea that comes to my mind is the next: changing the app code, adding the new events directly in the code and submit the update. But I know that this is not the way to do it.

What technology/tool do I use for this? You don’t have to write a big explanation. I just need a direction to know what this all about.

Thanks

• EddieJ

The changes that you want to make are changes in data.  You'd need a website that contains the data and makes it available to your app.  That's the short version.