Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthOptical · 3 weeks ago

wearing contacts but it’s harder to see?

i recently got contacts and i can see farther sooo much better but upclose (reading my phone, laptop, register at work, etc.) it makes it blurry with the contacts in. since i am brand new to contacts will this go away or is this an actual problem that i should bring up to my optometrist?

That is nothing uncommon, though it is usually just a problem for someone after the age of around 40. The eye simply loses it's ability to focus at close distances. You can get contacts with multi focal ability. They work quite well. I used them for many years. They allow you to see at a distance and up close. I'm very surprised your optometrist was not aware this would be a problem for you. So yes, you most definitely need to talk with him / her about it and you may be better off using the multi focal contacts.

Definitely tell your optometrist at your follow up visit. The answer depends a lot on your age. If you are over forty, it's not going to get better. If you are a teen, it likely will.

I remember trying on contacts my eyes watered and it was hard to take them out

Bring it up with your doc, but you may have to wear reading glasses for close-up use.