Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureEtiquette · 3 weeks ago

I recently had my annuAl skin check (looking for moles) The Dr told me In”had “many spots, & ageing skin” and was blunt & direct,rude?

I have skin that has many freckles/moles & all was ok

But she was so direct “you have bad skin”

Should I report her rudeness.

I was upset and felt old & ugly.

Im female under 60

She acted like I was 100 and like my skin was the spottiest shed seen

No i have not “sunbathed”

Im pasty white

Rude drs are unacceptable!!

And no, I am not sick

So is yours “edna”

At 60, you are old and are just going to get older.

• Ann

I have the same type of skin as you--many moles, freckles and "age spots".  I also had red hair until it turned gray, and my skin is fair.  Instead of being angry at my dr. (who told me basically the same thing yours told you) and getting defensive, I asked what I could do to make certain I didn't develop melanomas and try to make myself as inoffensive as possible.  I got some beneficial suggestions, which I have followed, and I don't worry about the matter.  I'm doing what I can, and that's the best I can do to look presentable.  Drs. tend to be truthful and sometimes are blunt in their delivery.  They are not counselors who try to deliver painful truths in a cushioned manner. Go to a dermatologist or an aesthetician who can help you with makeup/skin product information and might relieve your anxiety about the situation.  

If I went to a hairdresser and she told me I had bad skin, I would be offended.

If I went to a dentist and they told me I had bad skin, I would be offended.

But if I went to a dermatologist, I would accept this as her professional opinion, and rather than being offended, I would ask for her suggestions and recommendations on how to improve my skin.A skin doctor is there to tell you the truth about your skin. If you don't want to  hear it, don't consult her.

• Misty

bedside manner is supposed to come with the job. if a waitres is rude or someone in the bank nor elsewhere it is not acceptable. just because this man is well educated it doesn't mean his job title says he can hurt people's feelings and have no consequences. 

Some doctors don't bother to soften unwelcome diagnoses. They just tell it like it is.

If you wanted more reassurance, you might have asked if there were any skin treatments or products that could improve the appearance of your skin.

• B nice

Yes, report that. You may not get any apology.. Some Dr's are cleary rude. What goes around comes around..

Your beautiful!!!❤ No one is perfect dear.

Source(s): Been there..

she might not have thought she was being rude, she was probably just letting you know

• reme_1

Stand up to her and let her know that she made you feel bad about the situation. I know that doctors are busy and in a rush but they don't have to be rude.

• Jerry

The doctor didn't MAKE you feel bad; you choose to have unreasonable expectations about how negative findings are presented and then chose to respond to the assessment inappropriately when your unrealistic expectations weren't met. That's YOUR problem, not the doc's. 

you could do that if u dont wish to go back there...that does sound nasty and rude...

• Edna

Why does it sound nasty and rude?  It was the truth! Do you want your doctor to lie to you?

Face it, you are old, accept that you aren't 20 with nice tight perfect skin.