Wh did God punish Adam and Eve along with countless billions of people when they didn't know that disobeying him was wrong?

Ok, this is EXTREMELY basic here.  So basic that a little child could comprehend it.  Adam and Eve did not know that eating out of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil was wrong until AFTER they had eaten from the tree of the knowledge of good and evil.  Why?  Well maybe because they had no knowledge of good and evil nor had they EVER had to deal with a single consequence.  Regardless of the fact, as a result original sin infected mankind and billions of people have been destined to be endlessly tortured in hell unless they are lucky enough to win the religious lottery and pick the one true God out of the countless thousands people have worshipped throughout history.  God put the tree in the garden along with the talking snake knowing damn well they would eat the fruit too.  The fact that you guys believe this b.s. and justify it is so cringeworthy that you deserve to be ridiculed.

Update:

Reminder:  Adam and Eve did not know disobeying God was wrong until AFTER they had eaten from the tree of the knowledge of good and evil since they lacked this knowledge meaning that they didnt know right from wrong.  Stop saying  "Oooooh, but God told them not to" while ignoring my previous statement and admit that this story is fked up!

Update 2:

You people still dodge the question here which shows your intellectual dishonesty.  Typical theists tapdancing around the question.  ADAM AND EVE HAD NO KNOWLEDGE OF GOOD AND EVIL NOR COULD THEY COMPREHEND CONSEQUENCES WHEN THEY DISOBEYED GOD YOU BUMBLING MORONS!!

33 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    2 weeks ago
    Best answer

You expect theists to grasp what you're saying? 

• Mike2 weeks agoReport

No.  It is literally impossible to reason with most of them due to their cognitive dissonance.

• 2 weeks ago

Adam was there when God made Eve.  He saw how the ALMIGHTY took one of his ribs and made Eve so he knew God could do anything and should have known God who could do anything would do anything to him if he disobeyed.

Adam was afraid when he was discovered because he knew his butt was in trouble with the ALMIGHTY.

With his knowledge of THE ALMIGHTY, he should have warned his wife to do as GOD SAID or we would suffer but it was all in THE PLAN before the foundation of the world because GOD "created us to give Him glory" (Isaiah 43:7) for it's LONELY AT THE TOP!

Imagine yourself as being the richest man on earth knowing everyone's motive for friendship with you is your money.

It would get very dull, boring and lonely at the top.  Being the almighty, you could set rules into place for people to come near you as GOD DID!

Like it or not, people would have to obey your rules you set in place to come near you.  

Money talks!  BullSHYT walks!

The SAME it is with GOD!

HE IS THE ALMIGHTY!  HIS rules have been set in place for you to come near Him!  Like it or not;

You OBEY HIS COMMANDMENTS and >>>"DEMONSTRATE HIS SPIRIT AND OF POWER"<<<(I Corinthians 2:4)!

"POWER" talks!  BullSHYT walks!

• Norine2 weeks agoReport

CALL IT WHAT YOU WANT TO BUT (((HE RULES!)))

YOU CAN TAKE YOUR BULLSHYT AND WALK!

• 2 weeks ago

When Jeremy answers that to say, " they were warned beforehand, but that misses the point" of your question is true. Your Q shows the logic of someone who either disbelieves God utterly, or who doesn't even believe any God exists. You are rehearsing one of the prime excuses of atheists who despise the Bible. And if, after your death, you discover your disbelief was 'misplaced', you likely will hope to offer the excuse, "Oh, God, how can you punish me when I didn't know that to disobey you was wrong?" When disobedient rebels against God receive their due punishment, every last one of them will know that they HAD been warned but that they dismissed all warnings, thinking they knew better.

And that is what the whole Adam and Eve episode is about - three individuals who believed they knew better than God. One was out to usurp God and cream off the worship due to God alone. Another thought his yarn was more believable than God's information. The third believed that if he went along with his wife, God would not actually carry out the fore-stated penalty. The second one blamed the first one, but the third one blamed the second one and then blamed God. Be careful who you choose to blame. Look to yourself first and sort out which 'tree' of knowledge you have chosen to partake of, for we are all sons and daughters of Adam and Eve, and we all fall for the deception of the first one, thinking we know better than God by choosing to go our own way. You are entirely free to continue on your way but when you fall over the precipice you will know then that you knew this would happen, given the reality and truth of God.

• Jeremy
      Lv 6
      2 weeks agoReport

You can warn dog to not get on the sofa, but a dog doesn't comprehend that. Just like someone who doesn't yet understand "I don't have pants on." isn't going to grasp ethics.

• 2 weeks ago

because the god of the babble was a douche

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Get real! God warned them about eating from the tree. Why not pick a topic to ask about that you actually have SOME knowledge about?

• Mike2 weeks agoReport

There is not a person alive who can prove any of this bs.  You can do nothing but make claims and baseless assertions and I am not convinced of them whatsoever.

• 2 weeks ago

Adam and Eve were not created stupid, but were perfect. They never touched that forbidden fruit until enticed to do so by Satan. Had Eve ever heard a snake talk? The Bible says that Eve was "deceived." Adam, though, was not. Our children are forbidden to do certain things because we want to protect them. Any time a child disobeys his or her parents, there are consequences which are never good. Just like Eve was enticed to do what she was forbidden to do, so humans if they desire something that does not belong to them, then act on that desire by stealing it, do they not pay the consequences? Because of that first lie to Eve, and Adam joining her, this world is spiraling to its demise. I don't mean the earth either. I'm talking about this wicked system belonging to Satan the Devil. We are warned that wicked ungodly people are going to be destroyed along with all of Satan's human governments. The Bible tells us what we must do if we are to be subjects of God's Kingdom.--Daniel 2:44--I invite you to learn what the Bible teaches from the international website, jw.org and Bible Teachings > Bible Questions Answered. Watch videos such as Does God have a Name? What is God's Kingdom? Why did God Create the Earth? Why did Jesus Die? and Why Study the Bible? IF you believe what you learned, you can request your free personal Bible study online or from the next witness who knocks on your door or by visiting your neighborhood Kingdom Hall of Jehovah's Witnesses. There is never a collection taken and all are welcome. Thank you.

• Mike2 weeks agoReport

If they were.perfect they never would have eaten the fruit.  Duh.  It is in no way just and fair to punish billions of people based on the first time they disobeyed God.  It is a good thing that this is just a chickenshittt fairytale man.

• Jeremy
    Lv 6
    2 weeks ago

Yep.  It makes no sense.  The standard line you get is they were warned beforehand, but that misses the point.  They had no concept of what was good or evil until after they ate, so that would include knowing following those instructions was good and not following them would be evil.

Heck, they didn't even realize they were naked until after they ate.  So, to say they would understand the ethical implications and consequences from their actions when "Am I wearing pants?" was beyond the grasp at the time is just absurd.

• Jeremy
      Lv 6
      2 weeks agoReport

Peter, no.   I don't think someone who doesn't comprehend whether or not he has pants on has a grasp on consequential ethics.

• Paul
    Lv 6
    2 weeks ago

If they didn't know ir was wrong, why did they try to hide after they sinned?

• Mike2 weeks agoReport

The tree had bestowed the knowledge of good and evil onto them.  Why else was it called that?

• Juli
    Lv 4
    2 weeks ago

Yes, the story is stupid af.

Let's not forget about the bad serpent who lost his legs over the incident.

• Annsan_In_Him
      Lv 7
      2 weeks agoReport

No thumbs up or down from me, Juli, just to say that skeletons of snakes show vestigial legs.

• It was just one theory from primitive man for why the world is sh*t. Another is that the first woman opened a box and released all the evils. I'm noticing a theme here...

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.