How good is healthcare system in Australia?

7 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 weeks ago

The ticker played up about five years back. Was stented up within 20 minutes of reaching the hospital. Private room with tele, one of Melbourne's top cardios, five day stay, cost me a total of $21.70 for some medicine that the hospital pharmacy didn't stock.

No complaints here.

• 3 weeks ago

As good as the Mumbai medical schools that export graduates to the western world. 

• 3 weeks ago

probably the best in the world but it is not perfect by a long shot . 

I should know as I have plenty of involvement in the system .  

• Anonymous
    3 weeks ago

Much  better than  the  US  and other countries

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Anonymous
    3 weeks ago

It's patchy and inconsistent.  For example you can wait weeks for a simple GP consultation in country towns but doctor shopping junkies in the big cities can get a dozen GP appointments in a day to keep their opiate/benzodiazepine addiction going.

• 3 weeks ago

Depends where in country you are. They DO NOT have major hospitals every few miles in the outback.

People can have additional insurance or pay extra for private stuff if they want.

Some think it is adequate and others want more for FREE.

NO place on the planet has unlimited care for every possible situation you can dream up.

In an international comparative study of the health care systems in six countries (Australia, Canada, Germany, New Zealand, the United Kingdom and the United States), found that "Australia ranks highest on healthy lives, scoring first or second on all of the indicators", although its overall ranking in the study was below the UK and Germany systems, tied with New Zealand's and above those of Canada and far above the U.S

• arther
    Lv 4
    3 weeks ago

one would have to be able to get an appointment to see a doctor to comment on that. In a lot of shittowns its a 3 week wait to see a doctor.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.