Do you respect atheists?

According to this article where poll was conducted, atheists are the most disliked community in the USA. 

https://twin-cities.umn.edu/news-events/atheists-r...

• Best answer

We can respect them humanly, but we do not share their atheism, it will reach hell!

I don't respect their reasoning when it comes to God, but I love them as his children.

"Atheists remain most disliked religious minority in the U.S."  What??  What idiot came up with that title?  

And what are you talking about?  No one can respect a community that doesn't exist.  I respect everyone for their humanity.  I respect individuals if they're worthy of it.  My atheist friends certainly are.

Source(s): Greek Orthodox Christian
  • barty

Christians are the majority in the US, so that poll shows how hateful Christians are.

In most of the western world, atheists are respected if they have earned respect. Most countries have elected atheists to their parliaments and have had atheist presidents and prime ministers. It is just the USA, which is still run by fundamentalists, where atheists are not trusted. In Australia, it is the christians who are not trusted, atheists are fine.

It's more disrespectful to atheists to lump them in a "religion" category than to say you dislike them as a group. That university survey show amazing ignorance in how it categorized atheists! They cannot be disliked for religious or racial reasons - which the survey seemed to suggest. Many Americans DISTRUST those with no religion (not just atheists) because they feel morality and ethical matters are better when people have a religion. That too is nonsense but just remember - to dislike a group is not necessarily to disrespect them.  But our PC culture wants everyone to 'Like' everyone else, and is illogically stamping on expressions of disagreement, claiming that is 'disrespect'. No, it is not, when done in a civil manner with respectful language and logical reasons offered. 

I respect their humanity.  I don't respect their refusal to think.

• antonius

Most atheists I have met or know have read your bible, and various other ancient material, and they and myself do not believe your religion is the truth. We think, but persons like yourself just believe, and that shows you don't think. you just believe.

• All that poll does is demonstrate how Christians are full of hatred towards anybody who doesn’t think exactly like they do. It’s just another example of Christian bigotry,

• antonius

And, to think that they believe that special privileges should be granted to them because they were indoctrinated to believe that religion and never think.  LMAO!

There is no community of atheists. Atheism is just a refusal to be fooled by stories that are non-sense. 

Then this refusal is not only a choice but also a right! Like you have the right refuse to believe unicorns exist, the smurfs too, etc...

With atheism there is no holy books, no doctrine, no leaders, no dogma, no rituals, no organisation, etc... It' the total opposite of religions and sects.

Yes. I do. But it is also true that atheists are one of the last groups it's OK to persecute from all political groups of people.

Confused by the TD. I don't mean it's OK in my opinion. If that's not why the TD, then fair enough.