Henry asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 8 months ago

Personal feelings aside, logically speaking who do you think will be elected president in 2020?

I am pretty logical, but that does not help me answer your question. I just don’t know. It might be somebody totally out of the box. Trump might not even be on the ballot.

Trump. What republicans have going is they're going to vote cohesively. Democrats might not. You'll likely have the votes split between Bernie, Warren, and Biden. Electors aren't federally prohibited from voting against their constituents though. That's partly why Cali is the way it is.

If that worm Hillary does throw her hat into the ring, then I imagine people will be more than stupid enough to support her.  And we'll wind up with Trump vs. worm Hillary pt 2.  In which case, I'll vote for Trump just as an FU to my own goddamn party.

Otherwise, it will be Biden v. Trump.  Logically, the winner of that should be Biden based on all existing polling, but logic does not apply with stuff that Trump's involved in.  To add to that, we're still a year away, and a lot can change.

• Kid Mohawk

I agree.  If a poller called me, I'd hang up immediately.  I imagine most people would.  So right off the bat, a poll is mostly determined by the sorts of people who would be willing to speak to a stranger about politics on the phone.

It's too early to say, but I think the Democrats will pick a moderate. Buttigieg, maybe. 

Elizabeth Warren or Biden.

Trump. If not Trump, Hillary Clinton. After all the trash the democrats have drug this country through, the plan has to be to restore her throne.