Anonymous
Anonymous asked in SportsOutdoor RecreationHunting · 3 weeks ago

Are you allowed to own a hunting rifle or hand gun at home in Germany, what about concealed carry?

5 Answers

Relevance
  • Robin
    Lv 7
    2 weeks ago

yes yes yes and no

• Anonymous
    3 weeks ago

Probably not at the extent that America would allow

• Anonymous
    3 weeks ago

I live in Germany near Berlin and I have many handguns and many rifles and shotguns.  I buy them undercover and tell no one. I don't mind posting here

because no one knows me or where I reside.  Life is great as you yanks say.

• BBean
      Lv 7
      3 weeks agoReport

May a Texas guy add that you did NOT answer the question. There are secret guns all over the planet but the ? was..are you allowed (by German law) to have guns in your home? I believe a simple yes or no from a resident in Germany would be sufficient.

• Zirp
    Lv 7
    3 weeks ago

Hunters definitely are allowed to own a hunting-rifle. It probably requires passing an exam and being a paying member of a hunting-association though

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 3 weeks ago

Sure. Concealed carry, not so much although you might be able to get such a permit.

When I was stationed in Germany, deer would sometimes get on base, and the Germans would allow hunters (also cleared by the Americans for reliability) to come on base and hunt them. Deer on the runway can be a major hazard, so we didn't fool around with them.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.