Anonymous
Anonymous asked in SportsOutdoor RecreationHunting · 8 months ago

Are you allowed to own a hunting rifle or hand gun at home in Germany, what about concealed carry?

• Robin

yes yes yes and no

Probably not at the extent that America would allow

I live in Germany near Berlin and I have many handguns and many rifles and shotguns.  I buy them undercover and tell no one. I don't mind posting here

because no one knows me or where I reside.  Life is great as you yanks say.

• BBean

May a Texas guy add that you did NOT answer the question. There are secret guns all over the planet but the ? was..are you allowed (by German law) to have guns in your home? I believe a simple yes or no from a resident in Germany would be sufficient.

• Zirp

Hunters definitely are allowed to own a hunting-rifle. It probably requires passing an exam and being a paying member of a hunting-association though

Sure. Concealed carry, not so much although you might be able to get such a permit.

When I was stationed in Germany, deer would sometimes get on base, and the Germans would allow hunters (also cleared by the Americans for reliability) to come on base and hunt them. Deer on the runway can be a major hazard, so we didn't fool around with them.