Early pregnancy spotting?

I am 9 weeks pregnant and have had spotting all day today. I went to the hospital and they said i have a cut on my cervix. Has anyone experienced this? They said I probably got it from an iud but i havent had one in since 2017. I'm not spotting that much but like I said it been all day. Thank you in advanced!

What did your doctor say when you called to follow up?   That's the ONLY person that can help you out and advise on your specific situation.  The good news is that at 9 weeks and it being initially diagnosed as just a scratch, the pregnancy is unlikely to be endangered. 

And Byrd, clearly there IS such as a thing as pregnancy spotting, because she's pregnant and spotting.  If a woman is pregnant and spotting, she's having pregnancy spotting.  

There is so such thing as pregnancy spotting.

I would go for a second opinion asap, this dose not sound right to me, ask for babys heart beat to be checked as they have a strong beat from 6 weeks. Dont take no for an answer this is your baby, good luck sweet heart, please keep us updated as soon as you can. I Miscarried at 9 weeks and two days june 2008 but have 3 healthy boys now.

• Clare M

You can always get a second opinion from any one who gives medical care in England, even the dentist if your not happy with the advice or treatment your given and so you should.