Looking For Some Good Adult Romance/Fantasy Novels?

I'm looking into reading some Adult Fantasy/Romance novels. I've read YA Novels for a long time and I'm wanting something different. I'd prefer the books to have supernatural qualities to them like vampires, werewolves, demons, dragons, etc. I've read the Blood Gospel by James Rollin and I love his novels. Just looking for a similar author or series. 

• Zac Z

Rollins' and Cantrell's Order of the Sanguines series (you know that there are several books alongside Blood Gospel, right?) is rather unusual for Rollins. Most of his books are, hmmm, "speculative" thrillers (by speculative I refer to the artifacts and their not-exactly-realistic properties). There are a good number of authors that write the latter kind of books (among them Dan Brown who is recommended by j153e) but I guess this is not what you ask for.

Have you checked out Anne Rice? Her Vampire Chronicles (which she has recently been expanding again) should be right down your alley. The novels about the Mayfair Witches are also great. In the last couple years she's also written two books about werewolves (The Wolf Gift Chronicles) and angels (Songs of the Seraphim) but I don't know if they're any good. (They might be, I just don't know.)

If you wanna read fantasy with an erotic component (erotic, not pornographic), check out Jacqueline Carey's books in the Kushiel universe (there are three trilogies set in this world). They get a lot of praise.

There are also a loads of series classified as urban fantasy or paranormal romance with varying quality featuring all sorts of creatures as romantic interest.

This isn't what I normally read so I'm less familiar with that genre but Charlaine Harris's Southern Vampire Mysteries (aka Sookie Stackhouse books) on which the series True Blood is based is a good one (and it's finished).

Laurell K. Hamilton’s Anita Blake series was one of the leading series in that genre for a while but apparently the quality has gone downhill enormously and the books have reportedly turned into basically soft porn.

• Zac Z

Thanks for the Best Answer. I hope you find some books that you will enjoy reading!   :-)

This is quite a complex read, but very rewarding:

"After the Ruin" by Scottish author Harriet Goodchild.

Its 'prequel',"The Crooked Path", written later, is also excellent.

• David

I don't do fantasy, but this is romance.

Catch a Falling Star: http://tiolibooks.com/blank_1.html

Laurell K. Hamilton is liked by many people. she's heavy on the sex fyi if that bothers you. 

Why would you do that it's are not real 

• Zac Z

Nobody forces you to read things you don't consider real. But I don't see why we who like these books should be held back by folks like you.

Book 1 - The Bride Finder

Book 2 - The Night Drifter

Book 3 - Midnight Bride

Author: Susan Carroll

• j153e

Dan Brown;

Daniel Silva;

Brad Thor.